Saturday, January 29, 2011

99....100!

100 miles!

I can't believe that I've actually reached 100 miles!!!!!  This is probably no big deal for most of you.  wellllllllllllllllll, its pretty stinkin' awesome for me!  hahaha  Not because I couldn't physically do it - but because I WOULDN'T physically do it! 

I just can't help looking back over this month and I can't stop myself from wondering what God is doing right now in Asia, while He's working on my heart here.  It's just 1000 miles for me.  It's going to be life-changing for a community, Lord-willing!  I am humbled that God would use me at all.  With motivations that aren't pure, hearts that aren't always soft and pliable, attitudes that can use an adjustment most of the time -  still, God can use us to accomplish His plans. I get to be His feet for these 1000 miles, and I gotta say - I'm loving it.

January is almost over.  Don't you remember just saying "Happy New Year"?  I mean - wasn't that like 4 nights ago???  The other day I was thankful for seasons in life - but today looking back over January - I'm really thankful for SEASONS.  You know - winter, spring, summer or fall. 

*PAUSE FOR JAMES TAYLOR SONG*

Ok, I'm back now. hahaha  Love that song - My dad used to sing that song as if Jesus was singing it to Him.  "You've got a friend."  mmmmm - so good.

Back to seasons - Isn't it so cool that we can keep track of time?  That God blessed us with markers throughout the year, so time doesn't slip through our hands!  We get to plan ahead and look forward. We get to look back and reflect.  Learning, appreciating, anticipating, adjusting - its all part of the gift of time and seasons of life.

One month down.  900 miles to go.  sweet

100 miles.  Lord, its all You.  My track record has shown in the past that I start many projects and finish few.  This is all You.  Thank You :)


Charlie's Angels pose. hahahahaha  the girls in my family - even Bijou.  They're awesome :)

5 comments:

  1. hilarious pic, no??? hahahaha

    I still don't know what my mom was doing?? I'm like CHARLIE'S ANGELS, MOM!!! COME ON!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like she's taking a drink of water. or it looks like she's looking off yonder...hilarious! So much fun sister friend. Congrats on your 100 miles. fyi killer dog is "protecting" us in the pic. Baddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Sydney doing some sort of dance, you in the Charlie's Angels pose, Laurels trying with all her might to hold back that ferocious dog, and Momma surveying the bush for lions. 100 miles! You could have walked all the way to Downtown Los Angeles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen Matt, don't be jealous because you weren't in the picture. If you came you could have been "Charlie".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on Laurel!!! we never actually SAW Charlie. He was only a voice on the radio. lol

    so maybe Matt WAS there.... hmmmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete