Sunday, January 9, 2011

Passing mile 40 today :)

I've actually been having a BLAST lately when it comes to my walking!  We all went walking with my mom on Friday - and the time just FLEW by!  When it was time to make our last lap - she and I continued walking as Joe and the kids got to take a break and head for the playground.  I felt great and we were just chit-chatting away - and it was so much fun!  Then, yesterday the kids and I took a walk with my sister, and we OF COURSE spent more time laughing than breathing.  I'm not sure if what we were doing was really that funny - or if the thin air of the mountain was just making us delusional.  Either way - almost passing out with laughter is a great way to pass the time when you walk.   hahahaha
The time was so enjoyable walking these last few days, that I'm looking forward to planning me next weekend walks with my family!

(me next weekend walks???  I s'ppose me Irish is showin'! hahaha)

ANYWHO. It made me think of those verses in Ecclesiastes that talk about how partnership is so important, and doing things alone vs. doing things in pairs or a group.  I love it when God shows His Word to be true in our everyday lives.  When I was walking alone - the time was the same amount of minutes as when I was walking with my family - but my spirit was so much lighter and buoyant with them!  When I was "falling down", they were there to pick me up!  Sweet.  :)

You can even take the partnership one step further!  Its not just the walk (though that is having some awesome benefits to me!  I am feeling WONDERFUL physically!)  but the gift that we get to give at the end!  And all the people sponsoring, and praying, and walking - they're all partners and get to share in the reward at the end!  What an amazing reward for our toil!! :)

I'll post some pics of the walk in the fog - it was cold, but it was quite the adventure!  Poor little Bijou was up to her armpits in mud, and at one point just put her face right into a mud puddle - but she was a trooper!  She kept up with her teeny tiny legs and had energy to chase the kids up until the last step!


 Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 ESV)

Walkin' in the fog!
Pretty little waterfall :)

4 comments:

  1. Bijou and I had such a great time! My legs are still a little sore. Wish we could do this everyday! Can't wait until next time! Love you Kister! Congratulations on mile 40!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoorayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I finally figured out how people can comment without being forced to join blogger! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. WARNING: PG-13

    I've often said that Verse 11 is my life verse. :)

    ReplyDelete