Saturday, January 22, 2011

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

Know that song?  hehehehe   I'm sure I'll be singing it for the next few days now. grrrrr

I love good old Billy Joel songs but - I was not walking in my sleep and it wasn't in the middle of the night. But we did walk in the dark!  It was sooooo much fun too!  It's neat to do things a little differently every once in a while.  Just two days ago, I watched the sun rise while walking, and tonight I got to watch it set.  Sunsets on the mountain are breathtaking.
Walking through the cool of the night, with the wind blowing at our backs, and flashlights in hand, we trekked our full three miles.  Matt tried to scare us a few times, but we're walking warriors now.  Ghost stories are for wimps!  hahahaha
I love that my little journey is picking up more partners along the way!  This walk is becoming much more enjoyable than I could have ever imagined!  Thanks to my kids, my sister and my Mattster for making miles 79-81 go by so fast!  God, you have blessed me with the best family!
In the pictures - look at the observatory in the one pic - cool, huh?!? 
(Click on the pics to make em bigger!)
That bright white dome in the middle is the observatory.

My family :)

1 comment:

  1. this was fun and scary!! can't wait to do it this weekend....before dark...like 2pm.

    ReplyDelete