Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm up. Where's the sun?

Remember the show LOST?  My sister and I used to love to read the LOST diary every week, where Daniel would get together with his friends and make comments, minute by minute, as the show was unfolding.
So here's a tribute to you Daniel!  hahahaha

Well Worth the Walk:  Episode #25  "Crack-O-Dawn. Oy!"

5:47 Cory (yes Cory again...) dragged me on a walk before the sun was up.  There is a reason why you sleep when its dark.  And its dark.  and freezing.

5:49 Arrive at our starting point. no talkie please. just walkie.

5:51 Realize that I am walking in the pitch black mountain. Do mountain lions prefer boys or girls? No really. which one????

5:52 Sounds in the trees.

5:52:01 Freaking out a little bit.  I won't let on!  Cory's faster for sure - but he's wearing that 40 pound pack.  I think I can outrun him if the lion attacks.  tee hee.

5:54 Only minutes in, and legs are already burning.  Greeeeeat.  Don't check the pedometer. Don't check the pedometer. Don't check the pedometer.  Doh!  That's it?  It must be broken.

5:57  Hit our stride, eyes start adjusting to the dark.  There are days when I love my mountain.  This is beginning to be one of them.

6:01 The sun is just starting to lighten the sky, and wind has almost completely died down.  The black trees silhouetted against the colors in that sky!!!!  Ok this isn't THAT bad.

6:04  Make it to the outermost point of our stretch - he says let's keep going.  I whine.  He laughs and turns around.

6:09  Legs are fine now. Sky is really starting to get pretty.  I'm stopping him from the walk every minute to take pictures of the sky for the blog.  I think Cory is reeeeeeally loving the blog after the 37th picture.

6:21 Passing the JEEP.  Halfway done...huh, how bout that.

6:23 Passing the ranger station, talking EXTREMELY loud ( ok you know me too well.  I'm yelling.) before I realize people are living there.  oops :)

6:50 Talking, laughing, talking, laughing...oh man!!!! When you get the chance - ask Cory about the time he - hahahahaha  wait - how did we get home so fast???

6:51 This was fun!  Alright alright.... maybe we'll do it again next week  :)  See if we can't recruit a few more victims...er- uh, participants :)  Emily??  Joey??  Dru???  Bueller... Bueller... Bueller?   :)

75 miles reached today!  I got an encouraging text from Pastor Tony saying that it was like walking to San Diego and back!  How cool is that?!?! 

(I actually had to come home and jump on the treadmill for .30 miles to make it exactly 3 miles, but the GPS on the pedometer was out for a bit.  So we probably did do the full 3.  What do you want? I live in the BOONIES.) 

It feels so strange to have my miles in already and its not even 8:00 yet.  I kinda like it!  I kinda like sleep too though so.... we'll see what wins out in the end :)

I've just checked my virtual "Donation Jar" - and I have a BIG thanks to everyone!!!!  Its awesome to be partnered with you!!!!  Please keep praying over this gift - not just my legs and whiny attitude hahhaha - and not just the financials... but over every aspect you can think of! 

Love you all

Will post the cool pictures I took later!  I have to go through the FEW that I took (hahahaha) and see if any can actually showcase what I was seeing this morning.  I doubt it - but use your imagination :) 

Ok i put them up - as you can see below.  If you click on them, you can see them larger for more detail.

The morning sky chasing away the evening darkness.


Sunrise and moonset :)

2 comments:

  1. ohhh how i miss Daniel!! This was great,it is exactly like a LOST diary. Keep up the great work, Danieleah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Tyson ran his miles early in the morning to stay disciplined. He would be scared of you. Tell Joe to get you a nice Rambo knife. Keep up the good work. It's a product of true faith
    James 2:20-22---20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did..

    ReplyDelete