Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sea, Sky, and Sixty!

I'm starting to think differently.  Its so cool how God can change hearts.  My heart is fully committed to this walk, and so I know everyday I will be planning my day with 3 miles tacked on somewhere.  I'm finding myself feeling less mentally and physically sluggish, and more hmmmm how should I put it?  Well - I'm not exactly excited about my walks yet.  But before I had a negative resignation... and now its becoming a positive resignation.  Does that make sense?  Maybe its the same feeling, but just a different perspective.

It got me thinking about how so much about life and our walk is all about perspective.  How we view the moments in our day can change our mood, and then our actions, and then our thoughts, and then our mood, and then our actions...

Starting my day focused on who I am in Christ,  what He's done for me, what He will continue to do for me as my day unfolds, and recognizing that He's there in every moment - it just refocuses the lens of my life. 

My sister just recently got glasses.  She didn't even know that she needed them, but she decided to make an eye appointment at the end of the year.  The doctor told her she had a teeny tiny astigmatism and ordered glasses for her.  She didn't even realize that she could be seeing better until she put the glasses on!

On our own, we slowly get used to the blurriness - we think its normal and typical - we don't even expect more!  We might even begin to expect a gradual lessening of clarity over time.  I can get used to not doing some form of exercise to the point where its just easy to adjust my life around that. But then, the Doctor orders a new pair of glasses for me, and I'm seeing life through His lenses.  (and unlike our physical eyes, we can expect a gradual increase of clarity over time! Now, that's just sweet.)

Today's walk brought me past SIXTY miles :)  Three miles would have brought me to the 60 marker, but I was feeling like more than 3 miles today.  Not because I had to, or someone encouraged or challenged me - just because I wanted to.  That's different.  That's new.  That's exciting!


I walked all along the ridge of my awesome mountain  (on a road this time... hahaha) and I came upon some awestruck travelers who had driven all the way up to see our view.  They were in amazement as they pointed out Mexico, the San Diego skyline, San Clemente island and Catalina island to one another.  They asked me to identify a few things for them as I passed them and told me I was pretty lucky to live up here.

I just nodded and smiled as I walked away thinking... not lucky - blessed :)


Yep - that is the sun shining off the ocean.  I take pictures with the iPhone - so they're not that great.  With your own eyes, its a pretty amazing sight to see.





See the water?  In the picture, it might be difficult, but off in the distance you can see the islands.  Come up and visit and I'll show you the real thing :)  CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE.

  

My sister in her new glasses - seriously - could she be any cuter??? 



6 comments:

  1. So your blog is now on my favorites toolbar so I can keep up. Yeah for sixty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being on your favorites!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sista Friend, you are pretty rad. I saw what you did on Friday night and Saturday and I couldn't believe that you still walked. Superwoman! Blessed is right. Thank you Lord for giving me an awesome sister who encourages me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Leah!!!! I can't wait to continue reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. leehaa is doing wellll. ;)
    haha, lets walk together sometime!
    love you

    ReplyDelete