Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Road Less Travelled

Remember that poem by Robert Frost?  I think every single person in the U.S. has had to memorize that at some point!  Of all the poems that I've had to memorize, this one sticks out in my head the most.  Its the one that I remember the best, and I can still almost quote the entire thing.

Well on today's journey, we came to one of our favorite spots, and right as we were about to start walking to the left- what did my little eye spy to the right???  The road less travelled. 

It was just beyond the road, and from where we were standing, it looked like it could be a trail - so I asked Joe if he thought we should check it out.  and of course my husband said "Let's go!"

I was not at all disappointed.

It was an adventure - and right there  - off a main road in Escondido, tucked away only about 100 feet from the road - was this cool, little trail!!!

As we continued on - it turned into this untamed, secret pathway to a different time.  Or - at least, I thought so!  The trees even started to look prehistoric!  We could hear the water of a litle stream to the left of us.  At points, the water would just disappear, and I can only assume it was underground at that point.  I started talking about how neat it was that water underground is all connected!  How this water is underneath the ground and how our well would have to be dug to connect to water underground!  I thought it was so amazing, and the kids did too!  I could tell they were impressed with my musings because right after I finished talking, they quickly ran away to express their amusement in this discovery of mine!

As they were running, I made sure to look back at Joe and tell him they weren't running away from this discussion - they were just really excited.  He just nodded, smiled, and kept walking.  That's why I married him.

*smile*

As we walked further, we came upon a little family walking through this path.  They had tons of shopping bags, the little girl was slung across the dad's back, and I thought - this is not a fun little walk for them - this appears to be a normal walk "home".  It was just a little reminder of why I was walking - for people in need. 

God just keeps giving me these little moments of clarity.  Its amazing how when you asked to be used, He doesn't just use you to help others, but uses your environment, the people around you, your daily situation to bring to mind everything He says in His Word - just bring it to life in an amazing way.  I think about all the times when He is pouring into me His precious truths, and as soon as I think the "lesson" is over, I'm running in my own direction - just like my little kiddles.  He's pretty patient. 

hmmmm.

I love you guys.  Thanks for being part of the lesson for me.


So little!  they can walk right under!

too big.  need to duck :)

This is just too funny.  My 6'8" husband! hehehe


Kinda prehistoric looking, right???


I know its the sun's rays filtered through the trees.  But everytime I see rays like this - I think its God's reminder to me of how much He loves me.  I don't know why - I just do!!!  love this picture :)


3 comments:

  1. I thought you married Joe cause he looked like Clint Eastwood!!! Keep them coming,Lord, For Le!!! And, Le, keep them coming for us!!!
    Beautiful!!! Kep them coming, Lord!!! And keep them coming, Le!!! I thought you married Joe cause he looked like Clint Eastwood!!!
    Isaiah 26:19(MSG)
    But friends, your dead will live, your corpses will get to their feet. All you dead and buried, wake up! Sing! Your dew is morning dew catching the first rays of sun, The earth bursting with life, giving birth to the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, I stutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! This is Ashleigh, your former neighbor (from PCCC). Your blog is great and I really enjoyed this post!Check out mine sometime, k?

    ReplyDelete