Monday, February 14, 2011

My God loves Sudoku!

Stay with me here, i'll get there...

I know that most people see God and His majesty displayed in creation – and I do as well.  We look out at the splendor of His creation and know that only a God as amazing as our own could be the Master Artist behind all of this.  Rori and I were talking about that same thing yesterday.  She was relating a story to me about how she was on vacation and just couldn’t pull herself away from her run on the shore because she was overwhelmed by the experience!

I get this.  (I didn’t always – but I do now.  It’s not that I wasn’t amazed by creation – but I kinda thought well of COURSE He did this. duh. What kind of God would He be if He wasn’t capable of this and more??  I just expect greatness from a Great God.)  But I do see what you see now.  I live on top of a mountain.  I guess He just wanted to show me a better view of Him.  Yeahhh – He’s pretty amazing :)

However - I am an analyzer.  Though I have my creative, artistic side, and it’s a pretty active side…I am equally logical.  I am mathematical.  I love algebra.  I love puzzles.  My sister laughs at me all the time because there are times when she poses questions to me, and she can literally watch as that side of my brain takes over and starts computing.  I swear, I think she does it on purpose!  Just because it entertains her that 1. I have that switch - that 2. she can flip it so easily!  brat!! hahaha  It’s unmistakable when I am “there” too.  I just get this robotic, glazed look .  She swears the green Matrix numbers are filing down just beyond my retinas.

So Sudoku.  Have you ever seen those puzzles?  You either love them or you hate them – but I see God in them.  They are amazing!  I mean – every number has a place and there is no other place for the right number except in the right place.  And it doesn’t just click in its own little cube.  It also has to click in the vertical line its connected to – and the horizontal line its connected to – and the entire puzzle.  Some of them have color codes that need to be analyzed, and some even have more criteria to take into account!

Did you ever drive down the highway and look at people in passing cars?  I do.  Not only do I look at them, but I wonder what a day in their life would be like.  What makes them laugh? What makes them scared?  Why am I looking into THEIR particular car at that moment and what effect do they – even though they are strangers – have on me?  Wait - she looked over and saw me staring... what is she thinking now based on my looking at her?!  And that is just one car – one family – that intrigues me.  What about the thousands of cars that are passing up and down the highway, everyday, all the time? What about each little window in each hotel, or highrise, or skyscraper - and all the lives that each window represents.  Go to New York.  Look at the immensity.  Open up Google earth and start spinning the globe.

(computer overload – rebooting… lol)

What about the “random” person that you smile at in the store?  What about the issues that I’m exposed to daily? What about how my issues involve other people?  What about you reading my blog!!! It’s too much for my mind!  I can’t even handle the expert Sudoku puzzles – but God has this world – full of individuals that are intertwined and meshing, and affecting one another, and influencing one another – all for His purpose.  And He doesn’t just know me in a general way.  He knows me intimately.  I pray for something, and He hears.  He answers.  He speaks.  He loves.

When I am listening to Pastor John’s message (like this Sunday!) I am thinking – SURELY  he must have a bug inside my house, he must be following me on my walks and reading my thoughts, because HOW is this message EXACTLY what I was going through this week???  Of course, he doesn’t know my thoughts - but we do share a bond. The Spirit that is in him, is in me.  We are shoots from the same Vine.  The Spirit that is speaking through him, has been opening my ears and preparing me the whole week to hear those words.

so good.

And so - I know that my God loves Sudoku. (told you I'd get there)

I am in my own little cube, but horizontally, and vertically – I still fit exactly where He wants me to be.  I know He wants me exactly where I am, because I am there.  When He moves me, I will be exactly where He wants me, and when He wants me.  Even when I’m "stuck", He reveals another number in the adjacent line that He will use to complete me.  He has placed me in the infinitely bigger picture of His whole puzzle -and the puzzle is not just the 9 by 9 square I’m used to solving.  It’s like a billion x billion x billion cube!  Ok – its bigger than that too….

(computer overload – rebooting.)

I love that He is so infinitely bigger than my mind can comprehend.


This one looked fun!  Its a kid's sudoku - so why not give it a try :)
I'm not gonna give instructions - look them up yourself hahahaha


P.S.  My husband figured out how to fix my treadmill - Happy Valentines day to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I love you Joseph :)

6 comments:

  1. 1. you're a freak for thinking that those numbers are a game.
    2. you're heart is amazing.
    3. you're an amazing writer and i'm going to make this blog into a book.
    4. Joe is bomb.com
    5. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying laughing!!!! LOL
    I saw the link to make this blog into a book too! and I was like oh cool - i want to make it into a book so that i can have it for years later. I can look back over my journey 20 years from now. awwww i want to cry and i'm not a quarter of the way through! LOL

    i love you too sister! i can't wait to see you tonight :)

    Sudoku is the BEST!!! Neo from the Matrix agrees. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the whole book thought out...
    You continue your blog to our trip to Asia where the well is set up and meet the family/locals it brings water to!!

    And FYI- your eyes click back and forth really fast and i say "ohhh here we go- computing, downloading, error?, refresh, safe mode, defragmentation, processing, diagnostic...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha!!! i didn't mean a REAL book.... up at the top of the page - they have a link for "Make your blog into a book". I just meant like something for me to have forever. you know - in case some day the internet blows up. gotta have a hard copy, right??? hehehehe

    although - your idea sounds WAYYYY more fun.

    Make it happen Laurel. Make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Lillie lives on!!!
    Job 38
    The LORD Speaks
    1 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
    2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
    with words without knowledge?
    3 Brace yourself like a man;
    I will question you,
    and you shall answer me.

    4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? (Al's exegesis--"or created "Hpersudoku Squared"!!!)
    Tell me, if you understand.
    5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
    Who stretched a measuring line across it?
    6 On what were its footings set,
    or who laid its cornerstone—

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daddy, because of the length of my post? hey i don't post for a week.... you get a long post! LOL i have lots of stuff swimming around in this gigantic head of mine!

    ReplyDelete