Thursday, February 24, 2011

Walking, talking, talking and talking!

I’m catching up here – so it’s a long one again!

Life has been soooooo busy!  When it rains – it pours.  And when it snows – ugh.
I am so thankful that my treadmill is fixed!!!  (hubby, you are the best!)  I would NOT want to be out walking in snow right now!

Last week I got to speak at our youth group, and talk all about “Well worth the walk”!

I wasn’t scared at all!  There were 70 teenagers (of whom I knew maybe 20%), and I was not scared - at - all. 

It was more like terrified.  Yes, mm hmm, – that’s the word I was looking for! Haha

I know! I know!!!!  I shouldn’t be.  But there is something about being in that environment that brings you right back to high school.  Honestly, is there anyone that would want to repeat those years of your life??  Not even if you paid me. 

It was like I could feel myself breaking out as I was speaking!!! Lol

They were very gracious – and they really paid attention!!  They were supportive, and no one picked up their phones to text while I was talking!

Ok – one did.  (yep, didn’t think I saw you did you? Hahahahaha)  But one out of 70??? Come on- that’s amazing!

Here is the thing that was the best – 5 teens prayed for the well, the campaign, the community who will receive the well, and for me!  Loved that part! :)

Speaking of being prayed for – I emailed Gospel for Asia just for fun and let them know what I was doing, and Stephanie K. (from Gospel for Asia) emailed me back and encouraged me!  Then she sent me a handwritten postcard telling me that she prayed for me!!! So special! 

This little campaign has spread so many people already – and we haven’t even gotten to the part where we share the well!  In preparation for that part, I went to the GFA site and watched a Jesus well video.  If you get the chance, go to Gospel for Asia’s website, and watch the video on how they install the well.  Wow.  It just helps to make what we’re doing a little more real.  When you watch it – would you remember to pray for the hearts in our Asian community?
 
I can’t wait for them to receive this well – but more than anything, I want them to know that the blessing is from the God who loves them.  I want them to see His hand working through fellow believers across the world.  I just want them to receive His gift of Living Water in preparation for their drinking water!  But who knows- maybe He will give some drinking water in preparation for the Living Water!  He does all things well.  I will trust Him and just keep my focus on what I need to do!

For my walking this week, I got to walk with soooooo many people!!! I didn't take pictures because I was walking with them one-on-one, and I thought they would feel really weird with me taking a picture of only them... and from behind?  just weird. hahaha

God has just been so good to me this past week.  Or - maybe I am just especially aware of how good He has been to me this past week!  Strangely enough, its been a rough week.  so busy.  so strained. so stretched.  But – so good!

There were days when I would have rather do ANYTHING else than walk.  And there were days when I was just so down and needed a good kick!  But then there were days like today - where I was just feeling soooooo wonderful and I walked...
not 3.
not 6.
not 9.

But -12 miles. 

Woooo hoooooo!

it just felt so good!  I walked with Emily this morning, and with Jennifer this afternoon, and I just felt like I could keep walking forever!  The song lyrics “You do not faint, you won’t grow weary…. You lift us up on wings, like eagles” were playing over and over.

and I was soaring!

Tomorrow morning I’m out with Hannah - and I can’t wait!  The Lord just worked out my schedule so that I was able to do it all.  And I am so thrilled that I still have my treadmill to walk on.  We are expecting a foot of snow this weekend - i am REALLY going to be loving my treadmill this weekend!!!!  But there is just something so special about walking outside with friends!

My sister hasn't been able to come up and walk with me lately (I sad!!!)- but she has been walking a lot with her friends down in the city (I happy!!!)- and we just were talking about what a blessing that is - to have fun walking - and talking - with company :)

Funnily enough - after 12 miles - guess what hurts the most on my body??
my throat! hahahaha

cuz i talked almost 90% of the time with my girlfriends :)  I was literally hoarse at the end of the night.  So next time - its their job to talk, and i'll just do the walking – if they can manage to keep me quiet hehehe.

Thank you all for your continued prayers even though I’ve been quiet on here.  So many things have been going on with me, so much growth and stretching, and seeing God’s loving hand in everything in my life – but there are just days when I don’t make it to my blog.  But I promise – I’ll not be silent for long!  And when I catch up – just hold on to your eardrums – or I guess – your eyeballs, since you’re reading hehehehe

Love you all!  The Mile 250 party is fast approaching!  I’ll send out more information as it gets closer! My mom is helping me plan it – so it should be soooooo fun!  She is the Party Planning Queen! 

Keep praying for His joy in my heart and life!  It is definitely my Strength!

Oops – p.s.  please, if you love snow – come up and enjoy it next week when we will have a ton!!!  Just call us up and tell us you’re coming!  There are days when we are down the mountain, but you can still come up on those days if you are ok with enjoying the snow on your own! 

3 comments:

  1. So encouraged by your efforts Leah! I thought I saw you on the Heritage trail the other day. Was that you?
    Oh yes and your mom IS "The Party Planning Queen"!
    I'm going to add your blog to my sidebar:)
    -Kimm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimm!
    Yes indeedy - it twas me! :)

    I just went to your blog and I love yours!! :) its funny that you have that necklace - i have one that is so similar! but it doesn't have my kids' names. its just a family tree on one side, and an inscription on the back - and it is also my favorite necklace :)

    ok - getting off now - my sissy is coming up for a walk in the snow with meeeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for texting while you were speaking. How rude of me!
    I was thinking of walking three miles a day, and the thought occurred to me: that is alot of work! Yes I've only realized that now. Amazing! You will also notice that I am now one of your followers. And, yes, I do loathe that last sentence. But, alas I am one of the nine. Anyways, can't wait for the 250 party, which I assume I am invited to. 250 miles. That is like going to L.A. and back, and eight miles there again.

    ReplyDelete