Monday, February 28, 2011

I will hit 200 miles this week!

I'm so excited!!!  I am almost 1/5 of the way there!  On Thursday I will hit mile 200 - funnnnnn!  I might have technically hit it already... but I'm only logging 3 miles a day - even when I do go a little further than 3.  Its just easier to keep track that way on my calendar :)

Speaking of calendars... I'm posting a little calendar for March so anyone who sees a mile or two (or three!)  that they want to claim, can do that!  Just send me a comment on here - or on facebook - and let me know which miles you want. 

And of course you are all invited for Mile 250.  We are planning on having the party either March 19th, which is a Saturday - or March 20th, Sunday after church.  It will be in San Marcos, and you can either walk my full 3 miles with me that day - walk just mile 250 - or just show up and hang out and eat, pray, play, sing and have fun! :)

My sister came up last night to walk with me (the rangers tried to turn her away at multiple locations... the roads were bad and people were acting crazy!! - but she managed to get up here for a walk!)

I am so glad that we walked - because though we slipped many... many times, we didn't fall!  AND - it was just a beautiful day out!  The sun was glinting off the snow, making it sparkle -and it was just a really nice walk with my walking buddy!

Oh!  For all my monthly sponsors - I finished my full month of walking!  Don't forget to click on that donate button please! :)

For all my prayer sponsors - I finished my full month of walking!  Don't forget to say of praise of thanks for His faithfulness please! :)

Did I ever tell you about the initial stages of me starting to walk?  It was completely motivated by selfish reasons.  Before God gave me the idea to walk for a Jesus well - I had asked my hubby if he would help motivate me to stay consistent with my exercise.

I contrived of a incentive program that he would match my walking miles with travel miles for us.  250 would get me to Las Vegas (never been there - thought it might be fun), 500 - Sedona, AZ, 750 - Santa Fe, NM, 1000- Portland, and 1100 Seattle. 

Now, I found locations for all those miles - but I only wanted to go to Seattle.  I just figured if I didn't make the full 1100 miles, I would still get a consolation prize hahahaha.

So batting my eyelashes, I lovingly and sweetly asked my husband if he thought this would be a good idea.

Smiling, he tenderly looked down at me and replied. "No."

We are planning on a big family vacation later in the year, and he didn't think it was wise to split up our vacation savings to Seattle as well.

Understanding on the outside, but whining on the inside, I said "yeah you're probably right!  But don't you worry! I'll still walk!  I'll still make my goal!"

I lasted two days.

So.... then the cut to the rest of the story which you already know... watching the Gospel for Asia dvd, being amazed at the well, gotta get the well... walk for the well...  I just gave up on Seattle - cuz really - Seattle is cool.  Jesus Well is cooler.  :)

But then God - being my God - the One who loves me - the One who delights in seeing me smile... decided to give me a little present.

Joseph's conference for Christian chefs this year was in Portland - and he added 2 days... in Seatlle.  :)

I'm so glad that he loves me, but He loves me even more!

So - we leave for that little present this weekend.  I will be walking my 3 miles hitting the Space Needle, Pike's place and the original Starbucks.  so fun!

Check out my calendar and let me know of any days that look like they will work for you!

love you all

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! smart aleck! i mean - smart Allen!
    don't worry Daddy - Mom already donated for you guys! heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. But now i hab nobody to payy wit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sister! sorry!!! i got 6 miles done in the morning :(

    ReplyDelete