Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Exelauno Day!

My Greek teacher, Mr. Long, was quite a character.  He loved the Greek language, loved teaching it to us, and loved making it fun.  We used to have "secret parties" where we would sneak in goodies and throw caution to the wind while we partied it up, listening to classical music on vinyl records.

Come on - he was 70. 

One of the highlights of the year was Exelauno Day. 

Exelauno is a verb that translates "to march forth or proceed."

So, every March 4 - we celebrated that holiday created by Mr. Long :)

I was thinking about that today as I walked to the ranger station and back.  I'm hitting this weird slump.  I'm so excited and so passionate about what we're doing.  I love it!  But I am about 70 days into it now, and the novelty has definitely worn off.  Now its just about getting on my "gear" - and marching forth.

Tying up my sneaks - and marching forth.

Praying for a right attitude and good weather :) - and marching forth.

My walking buddies stayed home today, and I spent time in fellowship with Him as I walked.  I love walking with all my family and friends, but there are really sweet times when I'm not jib-jabbing away, and I can just listen.  Today was precious, and had I been squawking - I probably would have forgotten all about March 4 - Exelauno Day!

It's so precious how God brings sweet memories to our minds on days where we just need a little nudge out of the slump!

But another week is down.  High points, low points - but one thing is for sure - 200 miles are past past past!

God let me celebrate that 200 day with a bunch of VC family -  and it wasn't even planned!  I hugged Joyce, Kathy, Jon & Mary Anne as we passed, and then near the end of my walk- Eileen and Margaret saw me coming towards them - so they turned and joined up!  Plus, I got to show off my "Well Worth the Walk - Mile 200" tshirt hehehe.  Of course you knew I HAD to make a t-shirt!!!!

He's so good - so I'm good.  I just gotta keep remembering that I march forth with all His energy!

Happy Exelauno Day friends!

Love you :)


Crossing the Red Sea with Hannah.  The Lord did NOT part it for us  :)  but He sure did dry my sneaks super fast!!!!

The silliest kids I know on top of the boys (Joe and Matt) showing off their guns :)

We didn't do a silly pose - but look at my hair!!! If that alone doesn't qualify this picture as a silly picture, I don't know what would!

Mile 200 - CHECK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment