Monday, March 21, 2011

250 has come and gone...

 and what a great day it was!!! (I just can't believe I forgot to get a picture of the whole group of us at once!!!)

I started typing this blog this morning as I was looking out my window at the snow blanketing the ground - and I couldn't help thinking back to yesterday's party and praise God all over again for holding back the rain for us!  Every time the wind would blow, I would say "oh no - its getting chilly!!" and be quickly reminded by Joyce - that it might be chilly, but it was also dry!!!!  (Thanks for that reminder Joyce!!!)  The party-goers showed up at Lake Discovery ready for our 3 circuits, balloons in hand, and Mile 250 stickers on their backs!  As each family showed up, my smile just got bigger and bigger!  All the sweet little kids were just troopers - from the littlest little Simeon, all the way up!  

Great walk, yummy food, fun location, hilarious games (my mom and Justin were definitely the most fun to watch during gametime!!!), awesome worship, sweet fellowship, prayers sent up before our Lord for this whole journey, a quick bite of cake and on our way home before God sent the rain!

One of my favorite highlights of the day was getting to see the game winners pick their gifts - which were not gifts for them to take home, but to send to Gospel for Asia.  My mom and dad donated all the funds for the gifts to be sent in the game winner's names!  We are sending out a VBS scholarship and a Bible in Andrew's name, a mosquito net and a Bible in Cindy's name, a pair of chickens and a Bible out in Emilia's name, a blanket and a Bible in Wesley's name, and a BioSand water filter and a Bible out in James' name.  Smiley thought the idea of a BioSand water filter sounded so cool, that he came up to me and donated money to purchase another one - so another BioSand water filter is on its way thanks to Smiley!  God is so good!

Thanks to my family for helping to pull that day off - hubby, you are a workhorse, thank you for never quitting!  Momma and Daddy-do, thank you for hosting, decorating, and breaking down!  Sister, ohhhhh sister :)  thanks for all your help with the food and that cake was the BOMB!! Joey and kiddles - you are the best, and thank you for jumping in there with your great attitudes and lots of laughter! Paul, thank you for leading worship, singing with you is a little slice of heaven for me, as always :) 

I felt absolutely, 100%, without a doubt love love LOVED yesterday!  Thank you for everyone's support - even those who couldn't be there - your sweet emails hugged my heart!

Friends, we have 250 miles down - but I tell you - the three miles spent with you yesterday were the best so far!  Looking forward to June's Mile 500 party!!  Start praying for sun against the June gloom, and reserve JUNE 12!!!  

Thank you for all of your prayers for the rain to stay away - now we can all send up just as many prayers thanking the Lord for His kindness!

My dad took more pictures than I will post here (with faces showing!!) - but if anyone wants the link to his snapfish album with all the pictures - just send me an email and I'll forward the link off to you!  All of the pictures that I'm posting are OF COURSE from behind :)

Love you all!
JoyFULL Le :)

Getting ready! Getting balloons and sticking stickers!


walkers - runners - scooters - sure!
taking pictures for posterity :)

Some of us go to the left!



and some of us go to the right!
and then we meet in the middle!


Eating yummies :)


Playing funnnnn games!
The brothers keep choosing each other to be in their lifeboat!  too cute!!!
I love my cake, sister!!!  Over the 250 hill!! :)





Time to go... but we'll see you at 500!  :)

2 comments:

  1. WELL, WELL, WELL...
    You have your WELL wishers,
    You have your WELL diggers,
    You have your WELL walkers,
    Well you put themm all together
    And your WELL on your way
    To God's "Great WEL(L)COME"

    In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if
    any man thirst, let him come unto Me and drink.” — John 7:37

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I loved being a part of the celebration! Thanks for including us in the blessing.

    My favorite part was WINNING! I was soooooo excited to get to send mosquito nets and BIBLES to Asia!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for blessing me to let me give like that!!!!!!

    Keep up the good work, girl!

    ReplyDelete