Friday, April 1, 2011

$300 is missing from my well account!!

April Fool's :)

Did you see that one coming? I had to do it!!! Hehehe

It is officially 11:53 as I'm sending this - so I still have time to do one today!!  Even though most of you are reading this on April 2.... oh well :)

This week was great! Again!!!!! Not that I didn't have my ups and downs, but I am just getting so excited about sending the well that it overshadows all the other stuff! I know I know - i'm only just going into April and I still have many more miles to go - but the excitement is just building over sending this thing!!!  Definitely keeping my motivation high!!!

Walked all over town this week - almost died after my 7-miler yesterday on the top of Palomar... Not really because of the distance, more the speed and elevation. Oy! But I can tell a big difference from my endurance NOW and my endurance BEFORE. (plus my wii doesn't yell at me nearly as much anymore. How is it that I allow my computer game to insult me daily and yet I still come back for more???)

On the financial side, I have been receiving so many donations from so many places!! It just keeps blowing me away- how people give and are so willing to share their love!

On Monday, when we walked with our school teacher, Maria, she mentioned that perhaps the school could partner up with me and maybe do some fund-raising! That would be so much fun- but even if it doesn't work out - I know our God will provide!  But if you'd like to pray for that... I won't stop ya!

Monday night, I got to bring home the bucket of change that the AWANA kids were raising for the well. I won't tell you how much they raised... But I will tell you I spent hours counting pennies, dimes, and nickels... And I had help!!!! :)

I got to send out all the gifts from the party this week too- and wow- you know what? You want to feel filled with joy? Go to http://www.gfa.org/ and buy a VBS scholarship for a child. It's only $5!  Wow. I know we only "awarded" one at the party, but I had to send more!!!  I just kept thinking about the children getting to spend the whole week at VBS hearing the Gospel because of those gifts and I just was smiling the whole time I added them into the "shopping cart". (plus we also sent out the Bibles, blankets, chickens, mosquito nets, and BioSand water filters!)  Anyone who thinks the bigger blessing comes in the "getting" has really not spent enough time "giving"!

Though I will say this... Every time my email alerts me to another donation- especially one I'm not expecting... Whew! That feels pretty amazing too!!

I guess there are enough blessings all around when your heart is in service mode!  I'm loving this journey! Have I said that enough yet?? :)

Well, its late, and its time to go to bed!  But I just wanted to jump on here and give you all a little update!  God is good!

I love you!

7 comments:

  1. Hee heeeeeee! I was hoping I'd get at least one!!! Lol love you Kimm!!! Let's shoot for walking with the kids sometime next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie, don't you know that there are machines to count coins in almost no time at all? You can usually just take a bag of coins to your bank and have them do it when you deposit the coins... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me, too! I was totally worried there for a moment! :D Happy it was an April Fools' Joke! I walked 3 or more miles on 5 different days recently and thought of you and prayed for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dann - I know there are Coinstars - but they charge almost a dime on every dollar! My bank didn't even offer their coin machine!! Maybe its a secret hidden coin machine with secret handshakes and obscure passwords!

    oh well - i'll ask for next time! But the kids did have so much fun counting with me - it was exciting to see all that change and wonder how much it would be with each roll we created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi, thanks for praying!!! and i hope you got a chuckle out of my little joke! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea, yea, yeeeaaa!!! my first comment ever!! now you cant say i've never looked at your blog!!

    ReplyDelete