Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sisslefritz

I had the best time yesterday walking with my little girl, Sydney.  Sis.  Sydnerella.  Sisslefritz.  Sisserpants.

If time slows when I walk with friends, time stops when I walk with her! That girl just fills my heart with joy. I remember when I was pregnant with her, and my mom asked if I had wanted a boy or a girl. Honestly, I had two boys already. I was comfortable with boys - and girls? They scared me. My mom kept saying - oh, you definitely want a girl. You have two boys! You need a girl.

Nope. I was hoping for a boy.

Once again, God showed His superior knowledge in using His “veto vote” regarding what I thought I wanted. This little girl has been the source of so much joy in my life. Not just as my daughter, but also as the Godly woman I can see growing in her as time progresses. The beginnings of our lifetime friendship is unfolding before me as our talks become increasingly transformed into conversations between sisters in Christ.

We talked and laughed the entire time, but the basis of the conversation was basically a good portion of my testimony. It didn’t start off that way. It started off talking about the beautiful landscape surrounding us, which reminded me of a story… (and with me - you know how the rest goes! hahaha)

It was so precious. I have a feeling I will remember that day all my life. No distractions, no real time limit, nobody else to focus on except each other, just time where my daughter and I connected. I got to share about many lessons that God had used in my life and how He has brought me to the point where I am now. She got to hear not just about the major moves in our family, but where my heart was as a believer, a wife, and a mother throughout those times.

Neither one of us wanted our time to end. She kept saying “noooo let’s not go home yet! I can walk for 100 more hours!!”

However, it was time to end the walk. We made plans to take another walk like that soon - but I told her our conversation could continue at home. We both ran baths in our separate bathrooms (we needed a nice, hot soak, it was a looooong walk) and then we talked to each other over the distance by using the intercom on our cordless phones. Don’t worry! She had it on speaker and far away from the bathwater!

It was just another extraordinary time spent walking and talking, and seeing God’s goodness over it all!
Oh - before I end, she would want me to share this part. It had been a gorgeous day. The combination of sun and breeze was perfect weather for our walk. However, there was fog in the distance, threatening to bring cooler weather at any moment. We had both chosen to leave our jackets at home so we didn’t have to deal with any extra bulk on our walk. On the way back home, the fog became aggressive. About 100 yards in front of us, it became clear that we were going to be surrounded by misty, cold fog in about a minute. So we prayed!

The entire time home, there was a bubble of sunshine that encircled us.(maybe He re-used the same bubble of sunshine from my Seattle trip?? hehe) It was wild. It would seem so inevitable that we were about to be encased in fog in just a few more steps, and then all of the sudden - the wind would just blow and it would dissipate. But Sydney kept looking behind us, and cracking herself up. About 100 yards behind us, you could see the fog rushing over the road and closing back over where we had been. Above us - blue skies. It was fun to watch her be just as amazed as I am with His handiwork. I told her it wouldn’t surprise me if He was completely enjoying making us laugh, and if he was also up in heaven giggling with us.

God, laughing. Isn’t that a vision you can’t wait to see with your own eyes?

Oh friends - He is so good, and He loves to see us recognize His goodness displayed in every day scenes. I love getting to share this with you all.

I know that I haven’t had the number of miles ready for those of you who have asked, so I checked my calendar today and after today’s miles, I will be at 345!   1/3 of the way there!

Thanks for your love!!!   Leah

9 comments:

  1. Startin to sound a little "charismatic" to me. What do you think, "God likes you best"? Starting to sound like that McCreary character. Everbody knows He loves me best!!! "No real time limit", I love it, just like when I start preaching!!!You forgot one name for Sisser, BRAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that girl! She is my favorite girl in the whole wide world!! She loves her Momma so much. Your relationship is so special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for cheering my heart today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad... Everyone is gonna get a taste of that McCreary character soon. I've asked him if I can share that particular devotional in this blog. Funny how you thought that too! Its almost like we're...

    and charismatic?? maybe a little! lol as Yaya would say - "and why not?" God parted the Red Sea, He stopped the sun from moving, He raised Lazarus from the dead, He saved me. What's a little bubble of sunshine to Him? hehe

    and one last thing. I know of no BRAT. sorry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister.. I must agree 100% wholeheartedly in full. There is no girl like my girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. and speak of the McCreary... there you are :) I'm glad I cheered your heart! How could I not pass around the cheer? The Lord was certainly generous with ours yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charisma is good, VERY GOOD!!!
    (pl. charismata /kəˈrɪzmətə/) a divinely conferred power or talent.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just brought Deut. 6:6-8 alive! You're an awesome mom, and Sydney probably learned more from your walk with her than she will out of any school book! You go girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your doing a good rambler keep it up.

    ReplyDelete