Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I can see your house from here :)

Yesterday was perfect because, well...

Sometimes I wonder what I should share with you and what I shouldn't.  Not because it's unimportant or invaluable, but just because I think maybe it's only so meaningful to me, ya know? Maybe it was just between me and Him or something like that.  You know the verse that talks about Mary "pondering all those things" surrounding Christ's birth.  It says she treasured them and pondered those things in her heart.  Sometimes thats how I feel after a walk- like there are way too many things to try to put into words.

Who knows - I'll just write.

My treadmill is dying (sad day) ; I haven't played Taps yet, but it's definitely about to walk out the door and sneak off into the woods to find a solitary place to meet it's Maker. Good ol' Tready.  Who could have predicted that I would put him through so much work in the last few remaining months of his life?  I mean he sat there collecting dust for YEARS.  I'm sure he thought he was already put out to pasture, and then I started my well walk. Ha! I didn't see it coming. I'm sure he didn't either.

Anyway- so I reached 1.5 miles on Tready, and quickly realized one of us was destined to break if I continued, and it quite possibly and seriously could have been me with all the jerking the machine was doing. ( YouTube some treadmill disasters when you get the chance. I was about to be a star in one- so it was time to continue outdoors.)

Joe came home from work and I asked him to drop me off at the top of the hill, so I could walk my way all the way back to the front door of our home to finish up the remaining miles.

He obliged (nice hubby) and dropped me off at my starting point. In front of me was the nice downhill road leading all the way back to our house, and behind me (looming treacherously) the dreaded road uphill - I mean - upMOUNTAIN to Boucher. I knew if I took the road down- it wouldn't be the full 1.5 miles, so I thought wellllll, why don't I just walk a quarter mile up towards Boucher and then I can turn around and come right back!

Every time I would give myself a marker to hit, something would catch my eye just past where I had determined to go... So I would add a few more yards...

Right!!  so I made it to the top, hahahahahaha

Oh - by the way, along the way up to the top of Boucher, I got a really great shot across the valley, showing a different perspective of where we walked when Cory took us on the dreaded "Green Mile" hike-  which had to be 5 miles at least!!!!  Check out the pic below, click on it and it will open up full size. I still can't believe I did THAT and was afraid of little old Boucher!!!

Yeah, that's my nickname for it now "little ol' Boucher" hehehe  It seriously wasn't bad at all!!!

Amazing how things can scare or intimidate you from a distance. You start moving though, and doesn't His strength just kick right in?

Actually- His strength never left me. I was just too preoccupied with my own issues to "activate" it. Hahaha

Up at the top of Boucher, wow- that view just never ever gets old. Looking north to south, I can see from Lake Elsinore all the way to Mexico- and allllll the ocean in between.  And looking west, I can see all the way to Catalina island (and San Clemente island).  The sun was just shimmering off that ocean, and it was -in a word, sublime!  And if you look all the way around, it's nuts!! You have like a 300 degree view. I can seriously see everything up there- even your house ;)

So at the top, I just stopped and watched this cool little hawk doing his thing. Two others joined in the mix and it was spectacular to watch- especially when they started to hunt. Watch that from on top a mountain sometime. You look down on birds in flight. Wild.

The day was perfect for just closing your eyes and letting the sun warm you with the breeze blowing sweet kisses your way :)   I had to pull myself away to go back home.

On the way down... Hmmmm, yeah that's just between me and Him :)

Suffice it to say, I walked by myself- but I was never alone.

Can't wait for heaven! Can you?  :)


Click on this picture to see it bigger.  See the snow-capped mountain in the background?  So, that light green patch in the middle is the field we climbed, and then follow it all the way up to the peak.  yep - the Green (5) Mile(s).  oy!


You have to click on this picture to enlarge it to see the ocean and the islands properly.  And you gotta come see it in real life :)


Look at the sun glinting off the water. This is only one piece of the panoramic view! 


2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I changed my mind. We'll be coming there for the party.

    LOVE when you talk about the things that scare us from a distance. Thanks Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that stupid machine died! I never liked it. Besides we would have never got those pics and now you have the thrill of conquering the "Bouch". You probably could see my house with a telescope.
    Isaiah 40:9-10

    Get you up to a high mountain,
    O Zion, herald of good news;
    lift up your voice with strength,
    O Jerusalem, herald of good news;
    lift it up, fear not;
    say to the cities of Judah,
    "Behold your God!"
    Behold, the Lord GOD comes with might,
    and his arm rules for him;
    behold, his reward is with him,
    and his recompense before him.

    ReplyDelete