Sunday, August 14, 2011

a time to be born

and a time to celebrate that birth :)

i thought that i had gotten on here on my birthday!!! but i'm looking back over my blog and laughing that i did 3 posts thispast week and realizing that i only did one for the whole month of July!

wow, lazy bum!

so i guess now i'm making up for it!  hehehe

I not only celebrated another year of life for myself in July - but also another year for my hubby and another year for my baby boy Joey.  who is my big boy really.
our firstborn!  only one more year until he is eighteen!!!

i can remember his first steps like it was yesterday.  so crystal clear in my mind.  his little legs walking down the hallway in our vacation condo in Ocean City, Maryland.

wow.  time is a crazy thing.

on my birthday, as i was driving him to school, we passed by Margi and her kids on the road.  we hit a red light, she asked what we were up to, i shouted with a massive smile and upraised arms "Its my birthday!!!"  in the goofy way that only I can.

she said "come over!!!"

we did - and i had the best impromptu birthday time in the world!!!  i love you Margi :)

we walked (of course), we talked (of course), we had lunch and then we were on our way.

**before i go any further.  Margi walks with an insane pace.  unreal.  my shins were BURNINGGGGGG. LOL  ok back to the bloggie.**

5 years ago she and Michelle surprised me at my house for my bday - and now 5 years later she did the same again! hehehe  this is becoming a fun tradition.  i suggested that for the next bday 5 years away, she might want to celebrate it with me by surprising me with a trip to Fiji.

just a suggestion LOL

and then around my bday... I got an amazing donation to the well.

like the kind that makes your eyeballs pop when you do the double take.   it wasn't FOR my bday, but it sure did make that bday week something special.  I couldn't have asked for a better bday gift :)

I think this second well is definitely going to be sent this year - and I'm so excited for it!

I thank the Lord for all of your generosity.  You have made a huge difference in the lives of one entire community already and we are "well" on our way to doing the same for another community.

do you love it???  i do and i love you too
Le :)


4 comments:

  1. When I turned 35 my did was 70. He said something really profound to me on my birthdat that year. He said, " I remember when I was 35, it was yesterday"!!!

    Psalm 90:12
    Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to all the Stevens's who had birthdays recently!!!

    And Leah, I am extra excited about the wells. We were in Mexico recently, and the kids who came to our VBS were asking for a drink of water because they were thirsty. It killed me that we had to give them juice or soda because water was so scarce. Now I'm home, and I could drink gallons of clean, pure water every day if I wanted to, without even giving it a second thought. I'm so thankful that there are people who will have clean water as a result of what God is doing through you. It's liquid gold. Matt. 10:42 Love, Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it really takes those moments, doesn't it Cindi? My trip to El Salvador really changed my heart about poverty! Thanks for sharing... and caring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I feel too Daddy! and I'm not even 70 yet!!!

    ReplyDelete