Thursday, August 11, 2011

a new ache? COME. ON!!!!!!!!!!!

why did i think that i would be getting FEWER aches and pains as I continued jog/walking.

by the way... i hate saying jog/walking.  isn't there a word for that?  i need to create one.

jalk?

yeah - i'll keep thinking about that one.  that sounds stupid.

how about wog?  "I'm going for a wog."  "How was your wog today?"  "Anybody wanna go for a wog with me?"

hahahaha i like it.  wogging for a well.  it still works :)

back to my train of thought... so i finally kinda found a way to decrease the pain from my heel.  it hasn't gone away completely - its more like.. at bay.

which is cool - cuz it keeps me faithful in my stretching.  when i don't stretch, i am painfully reminded of how necessary it is.

but now the OUSTIDE of my foot is hurting!?!?!  (i know. i know.  i'm running on the outside portion of foot.  I got it.)

but apparently walking on the outside of my foot didn't really aggravate anything.  stepping it up to jogging, with all of its jarring motion, has made me now aware that I even have an outside portion of my foot. LOL

isn't that funny?  you forget about certain muscles - until you overwork them.  You don't even realize you need certain body parts until they're out of commission!  you take your body for granted until its compromised.

speaking of which... saw Soul Surfer this week.  amazing movie.  nah... amazing girl.  the movie was cool - but her testimony spoke volumes.  craziest thing that I took away from the movie was - months before the shark attack - she and her mother had been praying that the Lord would use her in a mighty way.

Wow.

in case you haven't heard - this is the story of the surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack and came back to surfing with a vengeance!  amazing girl!!!!  in the movie, you assume she's 17 or something - but in the documentary - you realize she was 13 at the time of the attack.  when the shark took her arm, she didn't even scream.  its so much more than a movie about a shark attack.  i recommend it.

but this week as i get up from my chair, and it takes literally 10 seconds for my hips to feel normal... ( i swear i look crippled for the first few seconds!!)  i am just thinking...  in 10 seconds i will be able to move normally again.  what about people who will never be "normal" again?

Thank God for healthy bodies.

I know I've said that before - but I'll keep saying it.  I thank my God for my healthy body.  The healthy bodies of my children.  The healthy body of my husband.  Look around you.  be thankful for His blessings.

so... i have more aches and pains now that I've stepped up to wogging.  (like how i just threw that in there??)

There will always be new struggles with new experiences.  Just opportunities to gain perspective and appreciate who He is.

love it.  love you.

4 comments:

  1. Mystery and Victory
    50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
    “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
    55 “O death, where is your victory?
    O death, where is your sting?”
    56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

    58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor (wogging) is not in vain.
    1 Cor. 15:50-58 and addition mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The healthy body of my husband"???Hahahahahaha...
    But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world. --C.S. Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few more:
    If you suffer, thank God! -- it is a sure sign that you are alive. --Elbert Hubbard

    It is not a question of God allowing or not allowing things to happen. It is part of living. Some things we do to ourselves, other things we do to each other. Our Father knows about every bird which falls to the ground, but He does not always prevent it from falling. What are we to learn from this? That our response to what happens is more important than what happens. Here is a mystery: one man’s experience drives him to curse God, while another man’s identical experience drives him to bless God. Your response to what happens is more important than what happens. –Chip Brogden

    Adversity introduces a man to himself. --Unknown

    We all know people who have been made much meaner and more irritable and more intolerable to live with by suffering: it is not right to say that all suffering perfects. It only perfects one type of person ...... the one who accepts the call of God in Christ Jesus. --Oswald Chambers

    I say that trials and tests locate a person. In other words they determine where you are spiritually. They reveal the true condition of your heart. How you react under pressure is how the real you reacts.-- John Bevere
    Far too often, however, we resent and resist any interference on God's part that might deprive us of our deepest desires. Many Christians who sing, 'It is well with my soul,' are lying. It is not well with their souls because they are not persevering, and they have no intention of doing so, because they are bitter and hostile toward God and mourn over their 'victimization' at His hands. Others are little better, for they 'persevere' with a cold, stony, stoic demeanor that constantly reminds God how much they are doing for Him despite His lack of reciprocity.--Jim Owen

    It is through much tribulation that we enter the kingdom of Heaven. --The Apostle Paul

    In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world. --Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete