Monday, June 20, 2011

To stretch or not to stretch...

That is the question...

I mean, it's only walking!  Why would I need to stretch????  Right?

So my dad came up last week...(Last week,,, yes i know!  i'm sorry!!!!  it was our last week of school... i had so much to do - and i FINISHED one major project!!!! woo hoooo... so of course, i fell behind in my bloggies.)

But I digress.... so he came up last week, and we all walked up Boucher (pronounced Booker) - Papa, Sydney, Micah, and me me me.

I know why they call it Boucher now.  cuz when you walk it - you have to be bookin' up that thing! hehehee
wow, it was great!  it felt sooooo great!!! i mean, i don't like workouts to hurt - but this just felt like I was pushing my body to a limit, you know?  a good kind of pain!

(Laurel - like your trek up that mountain on Friday! hehehe)

Here is what it was like at the top - looking across a sea of clouds.  Is this the coolest picture or what?




I felt great!  and then, i came home - took off my shoes... and owwwwwww!  I've been limping for a week, but its gotten better and better each day.  It feels like there is just a huge rock in my heel.  Every time I step down on my right foot, the pressure is unbelievable!  I mean - for crying out loud... i was only WALKING!!!

I've been stretching it out - but its such a weird place to stretch!  It's not like a muscle, its like...  so weird!  I basically have to stretch out my Achilles to get to it, and then turn my foot in the most awkward position to really stretch it.  Weird right????  SO weird!

but I now know the answer to the eternal question: To stretch or not to stretch?

You wanna know?

Well, don't stretch, and you'll find out how important stretching is.   (I can hear my father's voice now. Yes, Dad, I know... if there is one thing you always taught me - it was to stretch.  Kids - listen to your parents.)

So, I'm kinda half-humiliated to admit that I got a walking injury! hahahahaa  i mean - really?  injured by walking?

That's like saying - Ooh boy!  all this breathing sure is hurting my lungs!   or...  Wow, my heart is really tired pumping all this blood through my body, day after day.    geez!  LOL

But then Paul gave me a little encouragement.  I was kinda mocking myself for getting a walking injury, and asking if he thought it was possible, and he said - with the amount of walking you do - i'd say it was totally possible.

yeah!!!!  i DO get a lot of walking in, huh!  Thanks Pablo.  way to turn it around for me! hehehehe

so now i'm not half-humiliated anymore.

i'm just a quarter-humiliated... tee hee!

anyway - pride comes before a walking injury.  Another good lesson.  take the 10 minutes to stretch, and you won't have to hobble around like a fool for a week.  I've taken the week off from walking to let it heal.  It's much better this morning (its usually the worst in the morning) so Sis and I will go for a little walk on Palomar today.  I'm going to try to catch up so the 543 party will actually be hitting mile 543 - but I don't want to overdo it.  Its just a symbol anyway!

This time I did NOT send out written invitations.  My mom told me last time - Leah.... you're trying to RAISE money!  Make it as inexpensive as you can, and give more to the well!   See kids?  Listen to your parents.   They know stuff.  lots of it!

so - 543 is this weekend!!!! woo hoooo  It will be this Sunday, after church, at Kit Carson park.  I am a little bit stressed about not finding a good spot.  I didn't want to skip church to find a spot!!!  So we're just going to head down right after church and pray that the Lord gives us the perfect spot for our party!  Will you pray too?  Thanks!  :)  When we get there and find a good spot, i will send out a massive text telling everyone where you can find us!

There are no tables down there - (i mean, i think there are a few picnic tables - but not like our last party) so bring blankets and chairs!  There's no sit down food this time either, it will be an ice cream social - so I don't think the tables are necessary....  blankets and chairs will be super fun!  Like a big ol' picnic  :)

Lord willing, we WILL be walking... but its not mandatory, of course!  We will walk first, so if you want to show up a little later after the walk - it will probably take us an hour or so?  There are kids that walk - so there's no need to push it hard!  just a nice little walk around Kit Carson - its so pretty!

there are NO hills to climb - so strollers work just fine there!

I will bring the ice cream - and you all bring the toppings!  Bring your favorite one.

I have an idea - but i don't know if it will work.   If everyone wants to comment on here what toppings they are bringing, then we won't have 100 chocolate sauces, and 2 sprinkles! hahaha  That way - everyone can just know what's already taken care of - does that sound good?

so just click on the blue comment link below and add your comment to say what topping you'll bring.

See you this Sunday!  (probably around 1:30? sound good?)

love you all!  me  :)

6 comments:

  1. I will bring all the ice cream - what topping do you want to bring? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will bring pineapples :) I can bring more too just let me know sister. Love you- ya old limping walking lady. I can also bring a cane for you?? - Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will bring the wheel chair, depends undergarments, an AARP application, and the super poly grip for you. :) Laurel, make certain you cook down those pineapples real well so they're nice and soft to gum...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bring crumbled Oreo cookies-yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love my family. and you all wonder why i was hesitant to share my affliction. LOLOL oh by the way... Joe how old are you turning this birthday? ;)

    sister... please do bring the cane. i will be needing something with which to beat you! :)

    Momma!!! you are the only nice one! yum yum is right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bring salted peanuts. I love salted peanuts with ice cream! Excited to celebrate with you! You're over half way, and the year isn't half way done yet, so take the recovery time you need and don't worry about it! xoxo Cindi

    ReplyDelete