Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Halfway there...

The dinner with K.P Yohannan was so awesome!  I got a picture with him and had him sign his new book - so cool!  I admit - I was a little star-struck!! hahaha My sister kept laughing at me :)

He was so genuine!  After the dinner, I went to go get the picture and book, and when he turned to me, I didn't feel like I was bothering him at all.  It seemed like he sincerely wanted to hear what I had to say and would have talked with me for as long as I wanted.

and i can talk....

LOL  but - there were a lot of people there, and I didn't want them to feel like I was monopolizing him.. which I surely would have done!  so - i quickly got my picture, got his autograph ( LOL)  and moved on out...

oh well, maybe next time! :)  the book that he just finished is called No Longer A Slumdog.  I greedily want to keep it since I had it signed by him - but I know better!!!  so whoever would like it when I'm finished... its yours, as long as you pass it on to the next person :)

I was feeling a little bit "down" the night of the dinner.  Before I went, I was hmmm a little bit worn out from lots of running around the past few days - plus thinking about the prep for the 543 party the next day, and I had really just lost sight of what was important, and I gave into self-pity and doubt.

God used K.P. to remind me, once again, what it's really all about.  It's funny that I'm halfway through this journey, and I've gotten sidetracked along the way.  I would think that I would be more focused as time went on - but nope, I've gotten distracted.  The party was great - but it's not about the party - it's not about feeling supported -it's about spreading the Gospel for Christ - and K.P. reminded... we have the privilege of doing that.  Amen!

Once again, I'm seeing that God is ever so patient with me.

It was a great reminder, and it came at just the right time.  Halfway through, and I feel refreshed, and ready to keep on walkin :)

i do want to write about the party and show pictures, and tell you about the hike of death my kids took me on today.... but i'll do that tomorrow  (i know! i know!  2 bloggies in one week?  i'll spoil you. lol  don't get used to it.  but look for pics tomorrow :)

Brother K.P. - thanks for being God's instrument in the lives of millions of people!

love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the invite! It was wonderful. Can't wait to see 543 pics! Love you, L

    ReplyDelete