Thursday, December 30, 2010

just thinkin

so this is day 4 - and this journal is mostly for myself - but i figure my sponsors and maybe friends and family may end up reading it...  so this one is kinda for you - whoever you may be :)

I just finished my fourth day of walking 3 miles - and for most people, I guess that wouldn't be a big deal.  But I am NOT in the best shape of my life.  far from it actually.  so walking 3 miles is not really fun - or even enjoyable for that matter. Its not hard, but I'd much rather be doing something else.  anything else.

After my walk, I got a glass of water.  As I was filling it up, I just thought how simple and basic that act was.  I can get a glass of water by walking 20 steps into my kitchen from any room. And the water is clean, and cold, and I even got a second glass.  Its such a basic thing in our lives as Americans. 

Today's walk was not fun.  But it made me think about how blessed I am. 

4 comments:

  1. When I wake up, well I know i'm gonna be,
    I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next you
    When I go out, yeah I know I'm gonna be
    I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you

    But I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny!! Laurel and I were laughing about that song!! I wanted to put it up as the theme song for the blog and have some animation of you marching across the top of the page hehehe
    Then she said no!!! Put up Vanessa carlton's thousand miles lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah but I did neither... Cuz I have no idea how to do all that!!! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. add some music, sister friend!

    http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/2007/02/add-music-to-blogspot-blog.html

    ReplyDelete